The origin of this house dates back to the existence of the sugar factory, which had belonged to a Moorish. Then, it was confiscated by the Crown, and afterwards it was rented by Lucas Palma, a Genoese trader, after a revolt in 1569. From the second half of the 17th century to half of the 19th century, it was property of the entailed estate of the Victoria family. In 1983, this house became municipal property and after its restoration, it turned into a cultural centre. At present, it hosts the UNED headquarters (Spanish Open University), the Library and the Public Archives of Motril. It is a U-shaped building with a height of three levels. On the central part of the front of the building, one of its owners added a clock tower in the middle of the 19th century, therefore it is known as “Casa del Reloj de la Victoria” (Victory Clock House). This sugar factory is partially preserved, and it has been turned into the Pre-Industrial Sugar Cane Museum.