It is a 4 km long (3 miles) beach that extends from the Sacratif Cape to a small leaning tower locally known as “El Farillo”.
A sandy beach with deep, crystal clear water, and a varied marine life population which makes it the ideal place for fishing enthusiasts.
Wave conditions also make this beach a paradise for practising board sports and sailing such as surfing or windsurfing.
With easy access from the N-340 road, this beach is situated in a quiet residential area with a hotel and a beachside campsite.
The beach is frequently crowded during the summer mornings and it is the perfect place for afternoon strolls along the coast while gazing at a stunning sunset set against Sacratif lighthouse.
There, you will find a seaside castle that served as a military fortress to protect the coast from pirate attacks.
Road access: Easy access from N-340 road from different directions.
Pedestrian access: It is easily provided from the sandy promenade area and from different beach walkways located along the beach.
Public transport: Regular bus services
Car parks: There are 2 accessible car parking spaces at the area of La Chucha and the residential area of La Perla.
During the swimming season, there are two fully operational and well-equipped designated access points for people with limited mobility at the area of La Chucha and the residential area of La Perla with:
- Reserved car parks
- Wide beach walkways
- Fully adapted showers
- Accessible drinking fountains
- Fully accessible toilets
- Accessible Tourist Information and Lifeguard modules.
- Amphibious chairs at Lifeguard modules
- Lifeguard and First Aid modules
- Security (Local Police)
- Swimming area signs, buoy-marked zone and lanes for nautical activities
- Daily cleaning service (beach cleaning machines, beach cleaning vessels and manual cleaning), bins, rubbish sorting bins, rubbish skip for boats
- Daily maintenance service
- Beach walkways access
- Tourist Information Service.
- Drinking fountains
- Toilet modules and toilets adapted for people with limited mobility.
- Information signs which include code of conduct pictograms
- Information panels of protected plant species
- Beach football courts
- Beach volleyball courts
- Table tennis area
- Barbecue area
- Accessible shady areas
- Shady areas for different uses.
- Leisure and environmental activities during the swimming season
- Chiringuitos ( beachfront bars)
- Kiosks (refreshments, ice cream, etc )
- Beach umbrellas and deck chairs for rent
- Nautical activities
- First class camp site
- Leisure: sport, cultural and environmental activities